- Who this template is for: Project managers, development teams, CSMs, and other project team members who work directly with clients.
- What this template is for: Connecting customers with companies on joint projects and improving the collaborative project management process through automation.
- How to use the template: Provide your clients an overview of the project’s purpose, as well as a main point of contact. Then you can add a project summary, brief, and timeline, as well as deliverables.
What’s in this template?
Project management requires dealing with a lot of moving parts. But if you want to keep your clients happy, you need to make sure they don’t get lost in the noise. Dock’s project management software keeps everything organized, so clients can stay on track.
Gantt charts. Kanban boards. Time tracking for billable hours. Trello workspaces. Excel spreadsheets. Slack messages. Client updates. Jira feedback. Milestones. Due dates. There’s a lot that goes into managing projects, especially successful ones. And while it may be important to both you and the customer to achieve the project goals, no one wants to deal with a barrage of emails, PDFs, and links.
That’s where Dock’s client project management template comes in handy. With this collaboration tool, you can organize all of that information into one, convenient place, and invite customers to collaborate more easily.
Here’s what else the client project management template can do for you:
Boost your customer support
- Provide a secure client portal for file sharing inside of an interactive, password-protected dashboard.
- Keep a clear project timeline so clients can easily track progress.
- Take advantage of app integrations, like Figma and Google Slides, to showcase your company’s work as you move through key milestones.
- Align team members and CRMs around each project to increase teamwork, track projects, and focus on resource management.
Speed up your projects
- Set up intuitive workflows and transparent task lists.
- Make team collaboration easier by providing a single workspace for each project.
- Assign project steps and subtasks, like approvals from stakeholders, freelancer tasks, or invoicing, and minimize waiting periods.
- Use project templates to quickly spin up unlimited projects inside a proven methodology, complete with approved company messaging.
Give clients everything they need to succeed
- House all of the necessary content for agile teams to complete dependencies inside of a user-friendly project management platform.
- Give customers comment permissions, and get notifications when they do, to smooth out the task management process.
- Include pricing information, where relevant, so clients can more easily make purchasing decisions.
- Use real-time feedback on customer use of the project management tool to refine your project strategy and increase the functionality of the workspace.
- Provide transparent timesheets so clients understand how things are progressing inside the collaborative environment.
Clients can get frustrated if it feels like they aren’t making enough progress on a complex project. The best project management software will reassure them on the long journey to completing a project and make everything they need easily accessible.
How Dock’s customers use this template
- Add your project details: Outline the project objectives and provide a clear project brief so clients know exactly what to expect.
- Create a clear project timeline: Assigning every step of your joint project so clients know who is responsible for what. And break up projects into phases so it’s easier for customers to appreciate progress, even on long-term projects.
- Live up to your promises: Include a featured deliverable plus all previous ones so that clients can access them at all times.
- Use the client project management template to streamline your workflow: Use customer feedback to shape the template and add custom fields so the project planning and work management processes are simplified for future customers.